Jul 18, 2017

Explosion at Kokilai Sinhala school : 8 hospitalized

During a dengue prevention campaign held at the Mulaithivu Kokilai Sinhala school an explosion had occurred at a garbage dump and eight children were admitted to the Mancholai hospital this morning suffering from shock.

The students had collected the garbage and were burning it when the explosion had taken place.

According to police, no one was injured in the explosion and they believe there could have been some explosive material that could have cause the explosion.

Hospital sources said the condition of the students admitted to hospital was not serious.

The Mulaithivu and Kokilai Police who had arrived at the scene had assured the students that there was nothing to worry.

Top