He stated that due to the bad smell emanating from these containers, it is only suspected that there could be human parts.
Meanwhile, MP Harshana Rajakaruna said that all parties involved in the incident had been called before the Sectoral Oversight Committee on Economic Development and there was no claim to suggest that there were human parts in these containers.
The Committee had notified the relevant company to take immediate measures to re-export these 241 containers.
Rajakaruna noted that this import had been carried out by these two companies, adding that he believes the British Government had no knowledge of this transaction.
Accordingly, they had recommended that legal action be taken against the said company.
Meanwhile, when the writ petition filed by the Environmental protection centre was taken up yesterday, the lawyer appearing for the government requested time until next Monday for these containers to remain at its